Students who wish to spend more time learning English can enrol on the Intensive English course (21 hours a week). Students on this course will join the General English classes in the morning and then attend afternoon classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 14.00 to 16.00. Please read the General English page for information about the morning classes.
The afternoon classes focus on different language skills:
- Speaking, Listening and Pronunciation
- Reading and Use of English
A typical week may include:
- How to find information in different texts
- How to write a formal and informal email
- Exam skills for PET, FCE, CAE and CPE
- Useful language for everyday life
There is also opportunity for discussion in pairs and groups.
We do not recommend Intensive English for students who are Pre-Intermediate level or below.
Intensive English students will be able to join other students for social activities some afternoons and evenings.